Table of contents
On August 3, 2021, we completed a rebranding that resulted in the evolution of Fly On The Cloud into three separate brands – including the FOTC brand, specializing exclusively in Google Cloud solutions. The article will show you how separating the specializations will allow us to better respond to market needs and what exactly is changing, and what is staying the same.
The new is coming, and we’re moving forward with it. Why the need for change?
The last year and a half for many companies has been a period of accelerated digital transformation. Schools went into remote learning almost overnight. Companies were forced to digitize documents, increase data security and ensure the fluidity of communication. E-commerce platforms that had to cope with increased load and, simultaneously, take care of customer experience. Businesses that were looking for cost optimizations to survive these uncertain times.
We supported all of them – and continue to do so – by selecting and configuring the right cloud services, conducting implementations and training, assisting with ongoing usage, or optimizing the costs.
The increased demand for cloud services has also impacted us. As a partner company of Google Cloud, Zendesk and Facebook, we have more than doubled our size and expanded into other CEE markets in just one year. We have made changes in the Supervisory Board, created a new department, and started rebuilding our organizational structure.
Creation of three brands
The high growth and changing market needs influenced our decision to set independent specializations. We transformed Fly On The Cloud into three brands to focus more effectively on developing competencies and supporting our customers.
In August 2021, we launched the following:
- FOTC – a brand that brings together Google Cloud specialists who provide implementation, training courses and ongoing support for Google Workspace, Google Workspace for Education, Chrome Enterprise and Google Cloud Platform solutions.
- Refolks – a team of experts introducing the social platform Workplace from Facebook among companies.
- Oh My Support – specialists supporting the implementation of customer service platforms Zendesk and Pipedrive.
Designating a specialization was necessary to respond to the needs of our customers better and more comprehensively – says Piotr Wieczorek, CEO at FOTC. The rebuilding of the organization’s structure affects each team member. Having the specializations emerged, FOTC, Refolks, and OMS crews can focus on specific areas. Adopting a one-Google strategy at FOTC will allow us to keep the cloud solution top of our minds, further explore the ecosystem and develop dedicated strategies for our customers.
FOTC – your partner on the journey to Google Cloud
FOTC (formerly Fly On The Cloud) has been an official Google Cloud Partner since 2014. From the beginning, our ambition has been to support public organizations and small, medium and large private enterprises to use Google’s cloud services effectively:
- Google Workspace – a suite of business productivity and collaboration applications.
- Google Workspace for Education – tools dedicated to students and teachers, supporting remote and hybrid education.
- Chrome Enterprise – a set of tools for office work: laptops, computers, videoconferencing devices, browser and Chrome OS.
- Google Cloud Platform – a platform with over 200 ready-to-use cloud services for building and developing IT products.
- Google Maps Platform – a set of developer tools to leverage the power of Google Maps in their application.
During seven years of our existence, we have opened branches in CEE countries: Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Ukraine. We have 70 experts on board, including certified engineers, cloud architects, security and network specialists. Currently, our customer portfolio includes nearly 2.000 companies and more than 80.000 end-users.
In 2020, we obtained the Work Transformation specialization, granted to partner companies with a high documented level of knowledge, skills, and experience in leading Google Workspace implementations. Google Cloud conferred on us the 2020 EDU Cloud Impact award for helping schools and universities go through a digital transformation during the pandemic.
What changes with the rebranding of Fly On The Cloud to FOTC?
- Specialization. The FOTC brand is focused solely on developing expertise in Google Cloud services and maintaining a partnership exclusively with Google Cloud.
- Name. “Fly On The Cloud” has been replaced by “FOTC” – in the e-mail addresses of our specialists, on social media or the website.
- New website. You are now on the new fotc.com website. The previous version of the site, flyonthecloud.com, has flown away along with the name and the old aeroplane logo.
- Visual identification. We took on a new colour scheme, shapes, and fonts along with the new logo.
What stays the same?
- Legal status. All three brands will continue to operate under one company, FOTC Sp. z o. o.
- Prices of services and billing. We are preparing improvements in technical support, but our existing customers will not experience any changes in fees for Google Cloud products or FOTC services.
- Presence in CEE markets. We maintain our existing offices in CEE countries and plan to expand into new markets.
- People, knowledge and experience. The current team remains unchanged and will be joined by new specialists over time. What will change is the pace of acquiring new competencies.
Implementing the one-Google strategy will translate into a deeper relationship with the service provider and turn it into better benefits for FOTC customers. Focusing on one specialization is also an opportunity to broaden knowledge, establish cooperation with other cloud experts, create and distribute quality educational materials, and organize online and offline events. Our plans for the next quarter also include launching 24/7 support for Google Workspace and opening branches in other CEE countries.
This is an important time for us. We have summarized the path we have travelled so far, looked at our successes, learned from our mistakes, and forged new trails based on all this. I am glad that FOTC is formed by dozens of specialists who together consistently build our expertise in the field of cloud technologies – now with new energy. This change opens new opportunities not only for us but also for our customers – concludes Piotr Wieczorek, CEO at FOTC.